Below is a copy of our standard rental agreement which applies to all bookings.
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT FOR PALM RIDGE.
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between GEOFFREY STEER AND BERNARD WALLWORK and 'YOUR NAME HERE' (“Guest”) as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
1. Property. The property is located at:
Address upon booking.
The property is furnished and includes all appliances and other provided items like linens, towels, etc as listed on our website www.palmridgerental.co.uk on the amenities page.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of a maximum number of guests as agreed in the original offer made by E-mail
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 6 (SIX) persons. Any breach of this number could result in an additional charge.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 3 p.m. on the day of check in and ends at 11 a.m. on the day of checkout.
5. Liability: The Homeowner shall not be liable for personal injury or property damage sustained by any guests or parties invited onto the property by guests whilst staying at Palm Ridge.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules below at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else the Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees. All payments to be made by the terms laid out in the Payment Email.
b. Security Deposit: The security deposit is for and shall be refunded unless any of the following apply unless otherwise agreed:
i. The cost of any natural gas used (pool heater). (01st December through to 31st March)
ii. Extra air conditioning costs if required
iii Dirt or other mess requiring additional cleaning.
iv. Any other cost incurred by Homeowner due to Guest’s stay.
v. Damage to the property or furnishings.
9. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
If booked through an online provider the details are as agreed shown on their website.
If booked directly:
50% of Deposit will be retained if cancelled more than three months prior to check in date.
100% of the deposit will be retained if canceled between 6 weeks and 3 months.
No refund will be given once the final amount has been paid.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
11. Refund policy: The owners cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, pool, TVs, DVD, Satellite Receivers,, or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our representative immediately. The owners will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment. No refunds for early departures (less days than reserved) ~ No refunds will be given for delayed arrival ~ No refunds for reducing the number of nights reserved.
12. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
Please leave the house tidy. Although the house is cleaned and linen changed upon departure this does not include washing up or tidying. Any extra cleaning costs will
be deducted from the security deposit at the discretion of the owner.
13. REMOTE CONTROL: The Air Conditioner and Pool are controlled remotely and any changes must be made either by the owner or the local representative.
14. POOL: Use of the pool is entirely at the guests own risk, the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries that occur in or around the pool. Children should not be allowed to use the pool without adult supervision. A pool safety fence is available (stored by the Cabana). It is the responsibility of guests to erect the fence if it is necessary.
15. GAS/ELECTRICITY. these are included with the following exceptions.
i. During the winter months (01st December to 31st March) a gas meter reading will be taken and the cost of any natural gas used will be deducted from the security deposit.
ii. The air conditioning it set at 75 degrees, for each degree that it is set lower than 75 there will be a $3.00 per degree a day fee that will be deducted from the security deposit.
14. STORMS: If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given.
1. Palm Ridge is in a lovely, peaceful neighborhood, please respect the neighbors and keep the noise within reasonable levels. No noise outside after 10pm
2. Smoking is allowed outside only.
3. People other than those in the Guest party as set out above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. Palm Ridge is privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet agreement must be completed.
8. PARKING – Parking is limited to one vehicle on the drive. Parking on the road is permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.